Cookies and Cream Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream Frosting
For the cupcakes:
- 2 sticks sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 crushed (I put about 12-14) Oreo cookies
Preheat to 350 - bakes for 20 minutes (mine came out a liiiittle crispy, but I think its getting used to my new oven.)
- Whisk the flour/baking soda together in a bowl, set aside
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar and vanilla until they’re a good solid mass. Then, add the eggs and mix together (this is similar to making cookie dough, for my fellow bakers. At least, this is how I handle it)
- Gradually add the flour until ya done.
- Throw in your cookies and mash them up (so you have some big and some little chunks) and then fill your cupcake containers. Bake away!
Yield: 18 cupcakes.
For the frosting:
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick unsalted sweet butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 5-8 oreos
Soften the butter, add the sugar and vanilla. Gradually add the milk as you need it, until “soft peaks” form (aka the frosting looks soft and fluffy). Throw your cookies in and mash them up with your …whatever. I used my hand mixer just off until they were all crushed, then turned it back in to mix them all in.
Get your cookie on. (:
Vanilla + Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Yield per recipe is roughly 75-80 mini cupcakes
For the Vanilla - recipe via bakergirl
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350 deg and bake time is roughly 15-17 minutes (16 was perfect for me). This works for both sets of cupcakes, which rules.
On the original website for this, she talks about it being 1 bowl. I’ll say that my butter was soft, but not soft enough so I recommend 2 bowls, same way I make cookies. Dry in one bowl, wet in another. Mix until combined and then scoop them into your mini cupcake pans.
For the Chocolate ->
See this post for all the ingredients and directions, but remember 16 minutes for the mini-cupcakes!
For the Frosting ->
- 1 16oz package of domino confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick of SOFTENED butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk
This took about 5 batches of frosting, no joke. But I used a piping bag so that automatically uses about double the frosting since it comes out more densely. My advice with this is be very careful with how soft your butter is and how much milk you put in - start low. it was super humid in my apartment when I was making this so I almost lost 2 batches of frosting, so as soon as you think it’s starting to run, put it in the fridge.
Egg-Free Chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache and raspberry cream cheese frosting.
Click through for recipe and more pictures.
red velvet cupcake, cream cheese frosting, raspberry sauce, raspberries (click for recipe)
48 notes link >
I have a fail-proof recipe for fairy cakes/cupcakes base for one or for more people if you scale up. This makes 4 fairy cakes (or 3 normal sized and 2 small ones; I’d eaten one already before taking the picture!):
- 1 egg,
- 50g margarine/butter,
- 30-50g sugar (depends on how sweet you want it),
- 50g self-raising flour,
- approx. half teaspoon of vanilla essence.